As small business owners, we all see the advancements digital marketing has made in the past decade and how effective it is at creating successful businesses. But as digital marketing evolves, will it come to a point where it doesn’t have anything new to offer the small business owner and then what will we do?
We feel that digital marketing will continue to evolve and it will continue to offer effective online marketing strategies for any size business but we are also seeing the latest trends favouring video marketing. From YouTube and Facebook Live, to Snapchat and Facebook’s upcoming video creator app, advancements in video marketing are happening fast.
To support this statement, we have gathered some of the latest video marketing statistics and broken them down by category to show you just how effective and important digital marketing can be for your business.
Video Marketing by Volume
- 82% of Twitter users view on-site video content.
- YouTube currently has over 1,000,000,000 users.
- 45% of internet users watch more than an hour of online content every week.
- Almost 90% of online marketing agencies use digital content.
- One-third of online activity is spent watching films.
- More than 50% of online digital content is viewed on mobile devices.
- 92% of mobile video viewers share videos throughout their social media pages.
- 90% of Twitter video views happen on a mobile device.
- 10,000,000 videos are viewed on Snapchat every day.
- 51% of digital marketing professionals say digital content offers the best ROI.
- Businesses who use online video content increase their revenue 49% faster than non-video users.
- 59% of online users say they would choose media content over text.
- Video content drives a 157% increase in organic traffic from SERPs.
- Videos up to 2 minutes long get the most engagement.
- Landing page video content can increase conversions by more than 80%.
- 46% of online users act after viewing an ad.
- Online film content attracts 3 times more monthly visitors.
- Combining media with full-page ads boosts engagement by 22%.
As you can see, video marketing is very effective at engaging your audience online, it is used by more businesses than ever to introduce new products, offer tips and advice on how to use products and to engage their customers on the go and video marketing can increase sales making your business more successful.
Marketing Trends for 2017
Its 2017, so, let’s look at the digital marketing trends to look out for this year. Video marketing is always evolving so to stay on top, you need to stay one step ahead of the competition.
1. Facebook Video
No surprises. Views on Facebook have increased from 1 billion to 8 billion in the past year. Facebook has invested in video in recent years, with their Facebook Live, launching just a few months ago. We predict that there will be an even bigger increase in people uploading, sharing, and discovering media.
2. Live Video
As mentioned before, Facebook introduced live video. Brands and consumers have been using Facebook Live to interact with their followers. Twitter joined with Periscope to allow users to embed live broadcasts into tweets. 82% of Twitter users say that they watch videos on a regular basis. Live video creates a new opportunity.
3. Video for Sales
According to recent studies, only 4% of people prefer to learn about a new product or service by reading a manual, 5% prefer speaking to someone on the phone and 44% prefer to watch a video.
4. Multi-Channel Marketing
Social media channels have become the best place to share videos and gain exposure. Most consumers are watching videos on different devices and different social media platforms.
5. Video Apps “Generation Z” (13 – 24 year olds) love visual content.
Enter Instagram and Snapchat. These apps are top of the “must-have” list. 10 billion videos are watched on Snapchat everyday and Instagram is more and more focused on video all the time. Instagram has launched Instagram stories allowing users to share short videos with their followers.
Infotainment is a new genre of marketing videos. It combines ‘informative’ videos and ‘entertainment’ videos. Consumers need to digest the information you are presenting them with, but also be entertained at the same time. Without entertainment, users will click away.
Virtual Reality headsets are becoming more accessible and marketers are taking advantage of the immersive environment to gain the full attention of viewers. VR videos are still a gimmick but in 2017, we predict VR videos will become the “must-have”.
8. Email & Video
Email video will allow you to keep your emails short and get your message across. Email is always a great way to get your video in front of viewers (the people on your mailing list).
Advertising platforms are becoming increasingly more intelligent. Users will expect all of their content to be relevant and targeted. If it isn’t, then they won’t be interested.
10. Video & Web Design
Having video content on your website is also important. We expect that marketers will be finding ways to integrate video into their web design. If a video is already playing when you arrive on a website, it encourages users to stay, which reduces bounce rate and improves SEO.
- Auvergne Festivals – 12 Wonderful Festivals In Auvergne - January 14, 2021
- Monsters and Demons: A Short History of the Horror Film - January 14, 2021
- Free Magic Tricks – Discover the Best Places to Learn Magic - January 14, 2021