If you are pitching a reality show concept, it is very important to know how to write a treatment for a reality TV show and to understand how writing a treatment for a reality TV show right is more than just being able to put your concept into words. It is an art that needs to be mastered. A great reality show concept needs a well-written treatment to make the production house or the networks want to invest money.
Make a Lasting Impact
You need to convince them that your idea is doable, unique, and entertaining. This is moreso important if you are not a well-known writer or do not have any good projects under your belt. The question now is how to write a treatment for a reality TV show that can have a lasting impact on the minds of your readers. Here is what you could do.
Points on How to Write a Treatment for a Reality TV Show
1. Portray your logline. An example would be: 11 people in a house competing to emerge as the final survivor. Your logline needs to be very short and snappy, appealing and gripping. In short, at the end of it, your reader should be asking for more. This is the first thing you need to know on how to write a treatment for a reality show
2. Describe your characters. What sort of participators would you like to have on the show? Families? Men or women? People from a specific profession? People with certain things in common? If a host is needed, then decide who could be the right fit for it.
3. Introduce your concept. In just a few paragraphs, visualize how you think the first episode of the show should be like. Be creative, share details, and engage your reader. While you are at it, remember that it is a treatment and not a script, so too much information is unnecessary – be brief and to the point. In your first paragraph, give an idea of what can be expected in the coming paragraphs. Write it as your first episode, which introduces the whole show, the characters, the drama, the twists, the climax, and a lead into the second episode. You are now getting closer to succeeding in writing a treatment for a reality show.
4. Write an outline of the episodes-at least the first few. Make sure that it is no longer than a paragraph, but has a clear introduction, body, and conclusion. This is very important, because this convey to the production house that you have thought of how your idea will develop and survive beyond the first few episodes, giving your concept the extra credibility it needs to be converted into a show.
Now here is one thing you do not want to do: do not discuss technical details in the treatment like the sets, camera angle, and so on. You should only focus on conveying your story. Finally, read it through several times to sift out any typos and have it registered with WGA to protect your concept.
This is the recipe for success in writing a treatment for a reality show. Carefully considering these points as you write your treatment for the reality show will ensure that you are ready to effectively pitch your reality show idea the right way.
- The Big Empty by Ritch Gaiti - January 25, 2021
- Know All Facts About the Great Art Clokey - January 24, 2021
- Subject To Investing After COVID – Is This the Next Big Opportunity? - January 24, 2021