Digital mixing consoles are a recent development compared to the much simpler analog mixing consoles. It routes and changes the digital audio signals, which are then made into a combined output. A DMS is used by professionals usually for musical concerts, recording studios, television, film production, etc. They come with many advantages which have made them quite popular nowadays.
Here are a few advantages that you get while using digital mixing consoles:
• DMS let you manage sounds with no distortion or interference. And therefore it retains the quality of the original sound.
• This type of consoles are flexible and can be used in video recording and editing as well. This lets you record live broadcast programs and set them onto a DVD or tape. They are the reason why we enjoy most of the audio effects in movies and TV programs.
• Another major advantage of DMS is that they can be saved and reproduced later. This way, if you set up a musical symphony by a professional, you can reproduce the same symphony later even in the absence of the professional mixer. The console here remembers what was fed into it earlier.
• The potential of digital mixing consoles to add pre-set configurations to it lets you make manual changes to the stored sounds without affecting the original soundtrack. This way you can do many experiments with the recorded sound and the console would go back to the saved settings once you are done with your tests.
• As digital consoles allow remote access you can actually access the sound recording in the console from another location through a laptop or computer. This lets you do your sound tests even if you are away from the actual console.
• These consoles can be attached with third party plugins, thereby adding to their functionality with a lot more new applications. As digital mixing consoles are a one-time investments mostly, this lets you upgrade the console without changing the whole console.
With the technology progressing so rapidly in all the fields, how can the audio industry lag behind? They need to keep up with the rest as well as inspire others to enhance and progress. Digital mixing consoles are the in thing now taking the place of analog mixing consoles effectively and efficiently.