Do you feel that your web content is no longer conveying the right message?
Content is usually the last part of a web design project that is left behind. Yet, it is among the most critical elements of a website. What might be the reasons?
This is because it takes time for words to convert users into customers. However, when you add a striking design to great content, this can result to a winning combination.
What is wrong with the content included in a number of business websites?
- Since they are not up-to-date and fine tuned on a regular basis, it makes a website seem to be stagnant, making business convey an entirely different (unwanted) message to the target audience.
- It is presented in the form of facts and statements like for example “We started in 2009 and provide small businesses with web design services”. This does not address the problems of customers, or give solutions to make their lives easier.
- Users either have a difficult time in finding the products/services they need, or completing an action on the website.
- Since the target audience may have changed over a period of time in a business, a website may appear to be obsolete in this regard.
- Are users able to find relevant information on the website? Is the information valuable enough and compelling to engage with the business?
- The website has a number of different visitors and each type may be looking for something else. Does your existing website cater to all users?
- A website (as well as other channels) does not include a video.
It is obvious that in 2017, video played an important role in terms of inbound marketing strategies.
To generate web traffic more effectively, it would help to create high quality, relevant, and entertaining videos. Post them on YouTube, as well as other social media channels. Nowadays, filming and recording has become easier.
The “digital strategy” is not clear.
It is a must to have a “digital strategy” in 2018. If you do not have this, come up with one and you will see that your new website will be the focal point, which brings everything together.
Actually, a digital strategy includes the steps taken to determine the business mission, vision, opportunities and relevant activities to maximize the benefits of digital initiatives to business. Basically, it is putting a digital plan in place to be successful online.
For instance, a business concerns selling flowers. The digital strategy might consist of:
- frequent social media posts on business Facebook/Twitter pages, sharing of new products and floral arrangements to prompt engagement, as well as sharing of followers
- video creation on the business website and YouTube channel to educate users on how to choose the right flowers for a particular occasion.
- posting valuable articles in the blog on the business website to prompt sharing, distributing, and in turn, more traffic to the site.
- sending weekly email newsletters to customers to inform them about special offers/promotions and recycle content posted on the website.
Clearly, everything is about creating great content and distributing it on different channels.
- Advanced Strategies for Gaining YouTube Subscribers - March 1, 2021
- Tips to Increasing Your YouTube Video Views - February 27, 2021
- 3 SEO Tips for YouTube Videos - February 25, 2021